Galveston Island is a beautiful, historic beach destination known for its great weather all year round. But, if you’re not a sand-between-your-toes kind of traveler, don’t worry. There are plenty of things to do in Galveston that don’t include the beach, which is what makes our charming little island so diverse and special.
Here’s a list of 25 non-beach activities to consider:
- Stroll The Strand in historic downtown Galveston, known for its charming Victorian iron-front buildings that house boutiques, shops, restaurants and more!
- Play at the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, featuring thrill rides, midway games, food and entertainment.
- Explore the glass pyramids of family resortMoody Gardens. Here you can tour through a living rainforest replica, one of the largest aquariums in Texas and check out cool exhibits in the Discovery Museum.
- Marvel at the beauty of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace with a tour of this majestic historic mansion.
- Splash into fun at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, known for the best indoor water park in the world!
- Learn about the rare historic airplanes housed at the Lone Star Flight Museumwith a visit to this “war bird” museum.
- Enjoy the eclectic flair of Galveston’s culinary scene. Need suggestions?Check out our Galveston Island Food Guide.
- Take a walking/biking tour of the Galveston Tree Sculptures, beautiful sculptures created from trees destroyed during Hurricane Ike.
- Tour or watch a live show at The Grand 1894 Opera House. This gem of a theater has no seat further than 70 feet from the stage.
- Visit LaKing’s Confectionery to see its master candy maker make saltwater taffy the old-fashioned way. Don’t forget to grab some goodies for the road!
For the other 15 things, follow the link below!!
Photo Credit: Calvin Wehrle (clwphoto.com)