Below, there is a list of qualifications for consideration of tenancy. The Landlord and/or Property Manager will adhere to these rules without deviation. This allows for a better tenant – landlord relationship, ensures fair treatment of all applicants, and gives potential applicants an idea of what is required before submitting application fees.
PLEASE READ AND ENSURE YOU MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Applicant must provide an email address for the link for applying and submitting to background and credit checks.
- Applicant must have current photo identification and social security number.
- Applicant’s monthly household income must exceed three times the rent. All income must be from a verifiable source. Unverifiable income will not be considered.
- Applicants must receive positive references from all previous landlords for the previous 5 years.
- Applicant may not have any evictions or unpaid judgments from previous landlords.
- Applicant must exhibit a responsible financial life. Credit score must be a minimum of 600.
- A criminal and background check will be conducted on all applicants over 18. Applicant must have exhibited a pattern of responsibility.
- Applicant must be a non-smoker.
- Occupancy is limited to 2 people per bedroom.
At landlord’s discretion, compensating factors such as an additional security deposit or co-signer (guarantor) may be required for qualification if Applicant fails to meet any one of the above requirements. In the event of multiple applicants, tenancy will be granted to the most qualified, based on the above criteria.
Each person over the age of 18 who will be living in the home must complete and submit a separate application including screening reports. In order to qualify, each person must meet or exceed the minimum standards for qualification. Processing the Application will include direct contact with employers, current landlord, previous landlords, friends, personal and professional references, and any other sources that may be deemed necessary. A consumer report will be used in the processing of all applications. For questions regarding the screening reports, please visit the following web address: https://support.cozy.co/hc/en-us/sections/200601618-Screening-Reports
Deposit to Hold
After approval, if tenant will not be taking occupancy within 24 hours, a non-refundable Deposit to Hold in the amount equal to the security deposit will be required within 24 hours to hold the property until a mutually agreed upon move-in date. The maximum amount of time a rental will be held is 14 days. After all move-in requirements have been met and a lease for the property completed, the Deposit to Hold will transfer to the security deposit to be held throughout the tenant’s entire tenancy. If the Applicant fails to provide the Deposit to Hold within 24 hours of approval, the home will be offered to the next qualified applicant.
After approval and before occupancy will be granted, Prospective Tenant must supply all the required move-in funds, including the security deposit, first month’s rent, and any other additional deposits and fees, all tenant paid utilities must be transferred into Prospective Tenant’s name, and a lease must be executed and signed by all parties.
Signing this acknowledgment indicates that you have had the opportunity to review the landlord’s tenant selection criteria. The tenant selection criteria may include factors such as criminal history, credit history, current income, and rental history. If you do not meet the selection criteria, or if you provide inaccurate or incomplete information, your application may be rejected and your application fee will not be refunded.